Thursday, October 12, 2006

Day Two - Where fore art thou Ebay?

The conspiritor that aided in the prescription of this Quest, Owen, inspires me once more, telling me of the great evening he had had, just the night before, with the University Symphony Orchestra. While I was not encouraged enough to make the rehearsal without even purchasing an instrument, I was directed once more to the Alladin's Cave otherwise known as Ebay.

It's important in these times to set ones limits, and with this in mind, I decided that I would be shooting at least £20 above the minimum price I could find, but definitely no more than £80 on my, soon to be, best friend. Not a massive price I know, but I felt it was only fair, giving that I hadn't yet been paid and I'd just found out I still hadn't had this month's rent removed from my bank account.

With this in mind, I scoured the market. Applying my untrained eye to the plethora of options available to me, the name Virtuosi stuck fast, and so First Brass Instruments Ltd were the ones to get my plea for a Violin. Understandably, when I produced the payment of £43 via Paypal, they agreed to send me my first quest item. Even better, I was promised the item in under 48 hours. Fantastic, I could hardly contain my excitement...

No comments: