Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Day Eight - Ebay, Grant Me Knowledge!

Today, I return to the home of everything known only as Ebay. On my knees and begging for a tome of knowledge regarding the Violin, I order my first learning book for only £3.50 including packaging. Thank you blessed eBay. The book, Superstart Violin Level 1 looks like it should be useful. I certainly hope that it proves to teach me something, but for the rock-bottom price that it was, I won't be too cut up if it's not what I need.

Naturally, I won't get a chance to read this book until the weekend, when home is back within grasp. This should give the book ample time to arrive and I look foward to finding some life-saving tips in this tome. Until then, I commit more information about the staff to memory and try to fix the bond in my head between the dots on the staff and the strings on my Violin.

The next beaten path of my adventure will take me through learning music. What the dots on the lines connected by more lines mean. More importantly, I also intend to learn what the squiggles, black boxes, numbers and hashes stand for too.

No comments: